Letter of Recommendation- Email Format to request LoRs.



EMAIL- I SENT THESE TO REQUEST FOR LoRs


These are just for guidance. I would recommend to write a personalized one detailing your experience.



Generalized-


Dear Dr. XYZ,
Hope you are doing good.


It was a wonderful learning experience to rotate in (Department) at (University/ Clinic) under your able guidance in Month, 20XX. Thank you for taking time to teach me about ABC disease in an interactive way and patiently listening to my case presentations and going over my patient notes. I cherish all the memories and opportunities given to me during my elective which will surely help me to be a better clinician and resident in future.

I am planning to apply for Internal Medicine residency in States this September. I was hoping if you could write me a letter of recommendation for applying to the residency programs. A strong letter from you shall go a long way in boosting my residency application. I have attached my CV, Letter request form containing my AAMC ID and a summary of all the things I was able to do and learn during my rotation.

I appreciate all of the time and energy that you have invested in me and hope that you will consider writing a letter of recommendation. Please let me know if you need any additional information. I would be grateful if you would write me a letter of recommendation.

Thanking You.
Yours Sincerely,
Akshee Batra




Personalized-

Dear Dr. ABC,

Hope you are doing good.

It was a wonderful learning experience to rotate in ______ Unit under your able guidance in Month, 20XX. 

You have inspired me to be a better person and clinician and I have learned the importance of doctor-patient relationship from you. I was glad to be able to form a bond of trust and faith with the patients during my rotation. I recall that one patient whom I followed throughout the course of her transplant, hugged me on the last day and said, "Thank you for cheering and motivating me every morning to walk and eat. I will miss you and will find you if I get the cancer again and I wish you go into Geriatrics." that moment was the happiest of my rotation and it was all possible because of you. You have a dynamic personality and provide the best possible care to all your patients in a selfless way. I was very grateful that day as I felt that I have taken a step into becoming a better person and caring physician as you are. I am very obliged and thankful to you as you have surely helped me to communicate and build a strong rapport and trust with the patients.

I cherish all the memories and opportunities given to me during my elective which will surely help me to be a better clinician and resident in future. I am planning to apply for Internal Medicine residency in States this September. I was hoping if you could write me a letter of recommendation for applying to the residency programs. A strong letter from a person who has inspired me a lot shall go a long way in boosting my residency application.

I have attached my CV and Letter request form containing my AAMC ID. I appreciate all of the time and energy that you have invested in me. Please let me know if you need any additional information. I would be grateful if you would write me a strong letter of recommendation.

Thanking You.
Yours Sincerely,
Akshee Batra





ALL THE BEST FOR RESIDENCY APPLICATION!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CV Template for VISA Processing (Not for residency application).

JHU RESEARCH ELECTIVE

UAB Elective Interview